You can find a number of articles that are helpful to deepen this topic.
- Orón, J.V., (2017). The feelings in the acts of love. In Casales García, Roberto and Blancas Blancas, Noé (editors). The essence of love. p. 239-256. Tirant lo Blanc: México City. ISBN: 978-84-16786-56-5. (Chapter in Spanish) Speaking in general terms we can say that falling in love belongs to the order of feeling and love belongs to the order of acts. This association can be useful, but at the same time confusing if the nature that relates acts and emotions is unknown. In this chapter we will discuss the relationship between emotions and acts and this will help us to understand the relation between falling in love and love.
- Orón, J.V. (2017) The global-personal act. Colloquia Revista de Pensamiento y Cultura. 4. Pp. 23 - 44. ISSN: 1390-8731 (Article in Spanish). What does it mean to act as a human being? Can we disaggregate the different actions we carry out? and how to understand an education for action? Human action reaches its fullness at the close of adolescence. In this article you will see how human action evolves from childhood to adulthood.
- Orón, J.V. Sánchez-Cañizares J., (2017) Is epistemological reduction possible? Every system needs extra-systemic assumptions. Anuario Filosófico. 50 (3) pp. 601-617. Doi: 10.15581/009.50.3.601-617. (Article in Spanish)
In this article we study how no system can explain itself, but needs assumptions that come from outside the system. That means that no discipline of study is sufficient to itself, but that interdisciplinary study is necessary and that will not be enough either. So we see it going through philosophy, mathematics, quantum physics, neuroscience and psychology.
- Orón, J. V., Alonso, G. (2017) "Functionalization: A new way of looking at the relationship between structure and function in the brain" en Alonso, G., Vargas, A., Van Schalkwijk, D., (editores).Transcendence and love for a new global society. Pamplona: Servicio de Publicaciones de la Universidad de Navarra. p. 57-74. ISBN: 978-84-8081-526-0 In this article, we will see how the non-function of brain areas and the non-univocal relationship between structure and function can serve as an opportunity to offer a new concept, i.e., “functionalization”, which the philosopher Leonardo Polo proposed. This article helps to provide new insights into the relationship between structure and function in the brain
- Orón, J.V., Echarte, L., (2017). "Considerations for the definition of a interval of vulnerability/possibility in adolescence". Cuadernos de Bioética, 28(1), 13-27 This article explores the hypothesis that while maturation related cognitive abilities reaches maturity around the age of fifteen, maturation related social skills is delayed until well into the twenties
- Orón, J. V. (2016). New proposal of emotional education in the key of integration and in the service of growth. Metafísica y Persona. Filosofía, conocimiento y vida, 16, 91-152. The educational positions assumed are debtors of previous positions that do not belong to the educational field. In the field of emotional education, proposals for intervention have been formulated without a detailed and interdisciplinary study. In the present study, we review the antecedents that support the current dominant proposal of emotional education called ‘emotional regulation’. Our study allows us to propose a more complete alternative that we introduce here and we call ‘emotional integration in the service of growth
- Orón, J.V. (2016) The emotional education of adolescents understood as integration according to neuropsychological maturation. In Soler, J.L., et al. (Coords) Emotional intelligence and well-being II. Editions Universidad San Jorge. Pp124-139. ISBN: 978-84-608-4847-9 This text is a brief presentation of the two contrasting models of emotional education: regulation versus integration. It corresponds to a communication in a congress.
- Akrivou, K., Orón, J.V., (2016) ‘Two Kinds of Human Integrity: Towards the Ethics of the Inter-Processual Self (IPS)’, in Challenges of Capitalism for the Common Good and Virtue Ethics, ed. by Kleio Akrivou and Alejo Sison Elgar. In Chapter 11 of this book we present two ways of understanding human development from psychology. The first vision is the 'autonomous self', which shows a subject self-confident which grows expanding its mastery and self-determination. The second view is 'inter-processual self', which shows that the person is understood from his /her personal relationships and growth involves making better interpersonal relationships.
- Orón, J.V (2016). "Virtud como comportamiento ideal o como dinámica interior". Estudios filosóficos polianos. 3. p. 22-28.ISSN. 2422-7501. The article examines two ways of understanding virtue. One option is to understand virtue as an idealization of behavior. In this case, virtue is confused with values. In the second virtue is a dynamic inner personal growth. Discussed as the first vision, dominant today, it presents majvirtud_como_coportamiento_ideal_o_como_dinámica_interior.pdfor problems. Instead we think the second vision hosts the reality and human power much better.
- Oron JV, Murillo JI and Bernacer J (2016) Adolescent Emotional Maturation through Divergent Models of Brain Organization.Front. Psychol. 7:1263. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01263.We study how the vision of education as emotional regulation corresponds to the modular view of neuroscience and how the vision of emotional education as integration corresponds to the vision of complex dynamic system neuroscience. We also show how this second vision is a neuroscientist level seems the most correct explanation according to current knowledge
- Orón, J.V., (2015) Leonardo Polo's integrative dynamic as a philosophical framework for understanding neuroscience. Journal of Polian Studies. Nº 2 p. 109-133. ISSN: 2375-7329. The following link can also help in understanding the concept of integration and the possibility of an encounter between philosophy and neuroscience.
- Orón, J.V., (2015) Consecuencias de la dinámica de la integración de Leonardo Polo sobre la acción humana, la cognición y los sentimientos. El hombre como solucionador de problemas. Investigaciones en torno a la antropología de leopardo polo. Cuadernos de pensamiento español, Ed. Juan Fernando Selles. Servicio de publicaciones de la Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, nº57. p. 201-220. To understand elements of Leonardo Polo’s philosophy in terms of integration, see the following link.
- Orón, J.V., (2014) "La gestión emocional del adolescente desde la neuropsicología". Revista de Ciencias de la Educación. ICCE. 240. pp 435-520. ISSN: 0210-9581. This involves a detailed review of neuropsychology and adolescents’ emotions. You can find a number of articles that are helpful to deepen this topic.
- Orón, J.V., (2014). "Neurociencia y fe: el Sistema de creencias un lugar de encuentro interdisciplinar". Scientia et fides. 2(2) doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.12775/SetF.2014.021". To understand the importance of a belief system in the decision-making process, see the following link.
- Orón, J.V., (2014). "Toward a new conception of habit and self-control in adolescent maturation". Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 8 (525) doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2014.00525. To understand the cerebral systematization that is behind habit and the amount of mature cerebral processes that occur in adolescents, see the following link.